New York City Citizenship & Naturalization Lawyers
Dedicated to Providing Reliable Legal Services to Clients in NYC, Long Island & Elsewhere
Do you desire to become a citizen of the United States of America? If so, there several steps that you need to complete.
What are the main steps in the naturalization process?
- Completing the application, Form N-400.
- Submitting Form N-400 with required documentation
- Attending a biometrics appointment, if necessary
- Attending an interview at an USICIS office
- Receiving a decision from the USCIS
- Completing the Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony, Form N-445
- Making an oath of allegiance to the United States
Becoming a U.S. citizen provides great benefits. For over 20 years our New York City citizenship and naturalization attorneys have been fighting to give people just like you the opportunity that they deserve. Put our experience to work for you in your quest for citizenship.
Our qualified immigration lawyers can help simplify the process of becoming a citizen of the United States. Contact us at (212) 577-9314 now to learn more.
U.S. Citizenship Prerequisites
Our legal team can help you determine if you are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship. To get you started, here is a list of all the prerequisites that you need to meet in order for your application to be considered for approval.
What Are The Requirements to Becoming a U.S. Citizen?
To become a U.S. citizen you must:
- Be a permanent resident for at least three or five years, depending on how you obtained your permanent resident status
- Prove that you have continually resided in the U.S. for at least three or five years, depending on how you obtained your permanent resident status
- Show that you have been present in the U.S. for at least 30 months out of the five years or 18 months out of three years, depending on how you obtained your permanent resident status
- Show that you have lived at least three months in the state or USCIS district where you apply
- Be a minimum of 18 years old
- Read, speak, and write basic English
- Be a person of good moral character
- Demonstrate that you will adhere to the values and principles of the U.S. Constitution
- Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government
- Take an oath of allegiance to the United States
How to Apply for Citizenship in NY
If you meet the above requirements, it is time to get started with your application for naturalization. You will need to file the following materials at the appropriate U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services facility:
- Form N-400 Application for naturalization
- A copy of Form I-551 (green card)
- Supporting documentation
- 2 photos (the size of passport photos)
- Your filing fees which include application fee and biometric fee
Once your application is received, you will be called in for fingerprinting. After fingerprinting, an interview will take place for answering questions about your application and take your Naturalization Test. Once the test is passed, you will be scheduled to take the oath of citizenship and become a U.S. citizen.
Representation for New York Citizenship & Naturalization Processes
Our reliable New York City citizenship and naturalization lawyers can help walk you through the entire legal process. You will find that our legal representation outshines the competition because of our steadfast commitment to integrity and excellence.
Consulting with the right legal firm can go a long way in the process of applying for U.S. citizenship. Contact our dedicated lawyers today at (212) 577-9314.
Former Clients Share Their Experience with Our Firm
“If it wasn’t for them my life would have forever been turned upside down.” - H.B.
“They made me feel like we were a team dedicated to getting me out of a difficult situation.” - M.M.